Good Money Meaning
I mean, this commercial is not the first time I've heard folks say good money. In fact I hear it quite a bit. I hear it from friends, family, acquaintances, radio, tv, internet. And with so many folks using the term I just assumed that everyone was on the same page as to what defined GOOD MONEY. But then I got to thinking that more than likely what I myself considered GOOD MONEY was probably not what the technical college commercial considered GOOD MONEY or the DHL driver, or the person working 2 jobs. It dawned on me that there were just too many definitions floating around on what defines GOOD MONEY. Cuz let's face it, everybody wanna be "rolling like B.A.R.T." as my uncle Kev used to say (and I don't mean Simpson *chuckle*).
So what are folks talking about "I make GOOD MONEY" and "Oh my husband/significant other/brother/sister/mother/lover make GOOD MONEY" and "XYZ rapper make GOOD MONEY" and on and on. Because then I guess my real question would be if so many folks out there in Moneyland making such GOOD MONEY, why is more than 20%. 50%. 70% (should I go on) of the population in such debt. Cuz folks don't save? Are they crack heads? Spending too much? No investments? Or is it that there is truly only ONE definition of what defines GOOD MONEY and truth be told, most folks don't have it and they don't know it.
On the real, I would really like to know how others define GOOD MONEY. If you have just enough to pay your bills, is that GOOD MONEY? Ability to pay bills, vacation once a year out of pocket, and still have money left over? Being able to save all your money and not be living in a cave? Is it minimum wage with no bills and living with your parents? Is my Bill Gates idea of GOOD MONEY not correct? I would surely think that he makes GOOD MONEY. But I don't know him personally and maybe he's more the exception. You know this sh*t really got me twisted and not in a Keith Sweat kinda way. *chuckle to self*
What is GOOD MONEY to you?
*hugs* Lady A
8 Comments:
At 8:57 PM, December 10, 2007,
Raquel said…
After being broke for so freakin long, my ideals have definitely shifted. Good money to me is enough money to pay the bills without gettin over our heads.
You heard that song, There's Hope by India Arie? I'm all about it.
At 11:00 AM, December 11, 2007,
Anonymous said…
I know the commercials you're talking about. I've wondered the same thing myself because when I look at the people in the commercials, they don't look to me as if they're making "good money" but that's just me.
Good money to me means at minimum 80k a year, but again that's just me.
At 1:40 PM, December 11, 2007,
Anonymous said…
This is hilarious! Shoot, I think you are right. Everybody's definition of "good money" is different. I think I make a decent salary, but I don't consider it "good money". Others might. I think it's relative to where you are. When I was making less, I thought what I'm making now was "good money", but now that I'm making it, I don't.
At 12:07 PM, December 12, 2007,
monicac2 said…
I think I'm with you: good money is Bill Gates' money, LOL!
At 4:51 PM, December 12, 2007,
G. Cornelius said…
Good money...
Is making money enough money to live comfortable...Not check to check...
And really good money is when you aren't working for your money...Your money is working for you! All my Wall St. junkies knwo what I'm talking about...
I'll eep youposted
At 4:32 PM, December 13, 2007,
The Brown Blogger said…
I mean, I make good money, but I also enjoy doing what I do in my skillset as well. I'm also in a niche job too. My version of 'good money' is one where 30% goes into my portfolio and I'm still nowhere near a check-to-check scenario.
Now why a bunch of folk bough more house than they could afford...
At 5:04 PM, December 13, 2007,
E.Knight said…
Good money simply means all my bills are paid, and i have enough money to do whatever the f-ck i want. Naw but really I just want to make as much money as my parents , when I have a wife and kids I want that shit to be like Run's house that's all I'm saying
At 10:00 AM, December 20, 2007,
Blah Blah Blah said…
"good" money...
if i wanna go on a ttrip...i can get up and go.
if i see something i like, i don't worry about the price.
home is always taken care of.
i can lay down at night and not be stressed about where i'mma "find" me some money.
Post a Comment
<< Home